Part 2: Redoing the dollhouse bathroom floor with the mosaic tiles. I learned that it’s easy to cover your mistakes!
With the tile floor pattern set and the problem of the gaps mostly solved, it was time to translate thought into action. Or, in my case, from the cardboard to the dollhouse!
I decided a new pattern was in order for the tile floor and discovered I needed to invest in mosaic tile nippers. Here’s what I learned.
After the DIY tile disaster, I decided I was better off buying loose tiles and creating my own pattern. It was less of a disaster.
Part 3 of the story. Installing a dollhouse floor is not an easy task. But if you follow a plan and are willing to improvise anything is possible!
Part 2 of the story. Installing a dollhouse floor is not an easy task. But if you follow a plan and are willing to improvise anything is possible!
Laying a dollhouse wood floor isn’t easy. But, it’s not impossible either, if you use the right glue and practice a lot of patience!
I though that finishing the floorboards for the second floor would be easy. I could not have been more wrong!
Today’s adventure was attaching the dollhouse stair stringer. Like most things, I did it “not right,” but learned some interesting things along the way.
My original plan was to wait until I had cut all the strips then dye them in one big batch. My thought was using the Rit dye bath would create a lot of dye, and I didn’t want to waste it. But, then I figured there’s no time like the present. I’m not finishing the cutting anytime soon, and I might as well run this little experiment and see how it turns out.