I’ve been working on the wood floors for the Keeper’s House. And the first floor is done! Kind of. Sort of. Not exactly.
I decided to forge ahead with the balsa wood floors. Why? I had a feeling it was going to take quite a bit of time to get them done.
As much as I enjoy building the dollhouse, there are all sorts of tiny details that keep popping up. Things that I never realized mattered. Or, I didn’t realize how much they mattered.
What I like about building miniature dollhouses is that I can change my mind as I go. What I hate about building miniature dollhouse is that I can change my mind as I go.
I finally had a chance to repaint the window pieces. Short version: I am very happy I did it. Long version: during the process, I wasn’t so sure.
I decided to take a break from building to do more planning. Building a dollhouse from scratch takes thoughtful planning.You can’t just wing this stuff.
I shoulda stuck with my original plan and stained the window trim instead of painted it. I made so many newbie mistakes finishing off that window (PS, it’s still technically not done). But, I’m not mad. Well, I’m annoyed, but not mad. I learned a lot (which I love). So, next time, I won’t make […]
After I dry fit the window frame, I had to paint the parts. This is what happened when I panted small wood trim pieces.
In my attempt to assembly and dry fit the window trim, I learned that best practices are “best” for a reason.
Part of building the dollhouse roof. Up is down and down is up and everything is messy.